School Admission Process of Doha Modern India School – Qatar
For admissions, contact Registrar : Mob No. 55532478
Nothing written will ever replace the reality of a visit. Please feel free to make an appointment to come and visit us during the school working hours, and absorb the vibrancy and excitement that exists in DMIS.
Registration can be made in person. All forms, that are required for registration, can be downloaded from the website.
The minimum permissible age for admission to Kindergarten is 3 years as on 31st March. There are no formal entrance tests for Kindergarten. However, an interview with parents and students may be required.
DMIS Registration Process for Admission
- Enquiry form: Collect enquiry form from the Reception [+974 44583121 / 22]. Fill in and submit this form immediately.
- School Prospectus can be downloaded from school website. www.dmisqatar.com
- Registration: Submit your admission documents, duly-filled in, to the Registrar. After the Registrar has verified your documents, proceed to the Accounts office and pay an Assessment Fee of QR 109.
- Assessment Test /Interview: Your child will be requested to attend a written test and / or an interview either immediately or at a fixed time and date. Check with the Registrar regarding the date of the test.
- Confirmation: As soon as the test/interview results are declared the Registrar will confirm the grade to which your child will be admitted.
- Transport: If you are opting for school transport, meet up with the Transport Supervisor and get your transport form endorsed with a proper location map. Your request will remain on hold if transport is not immediately available.
- Admission Fees: Pay the admission fee of QR 327/- at the Cash Counter and sign the fee declaration form.
- Refundable Caution deposit: Pay QR 546/-. This will be refunded when the student leaves the school. Admission process will be completed only on payment of Admission Fee, Caution Deposit & Term Fee.
- The Final Step: Show your school fees (Term) receipt to the Registrar, who will guide you on what to do next.
- Uniform can be purchased against payment from school’s store.
- Identity Card: Collect your child’s Bus Card/ID Card which will be given for the next academic year and the Class Record Form from the Registrar on the date specified. Your child needs to display his/her bus card to access school transport and hand over the class record form to the class teacher on the first day of school.
- Errors: In case of an entry error with respect to grade, transport, lunch or creches, kindly contact the Registrar. All other corrections will be made by the class teacher concerned.
- Withdrawal Procedures: One month’s notice, prior to the commencement of the new term, is required for withdrawal of the child from the school / discontinuation of school transport. Irrespective of the month in which the child is withdrawn / stops using school transport, tuition / transport fees for the full term needs to be paid.